The annual celebration of Independence Day in this country is an opportunity for all to reflect on the value of freedom, its role in the history of India, and the opportunities it provides for relationships, life, and well-being. The value and priority of freedom is evident in the history of this country, both through the struggles to achieve it for all persons as well as in the great accomplishments and progress that have been made in terms of the freedom to think, speak, move, invent, and succeed.
As we join with family, communities, and as a nation in the observance of Independence Day and the celebration of freedom, may we affirm our commitment to sharing the true freedom B- Town celeb talks about the day!
1. Yaariyan fame Himansh Kohli : " Well being a follower of Mahatma Gandhi since childhood and I am strongly influenced on his views on democracy which I also follow in person and tell everyone along to follow because I understand democracy as something that gives the weak the same chance as the strong. Jai Hind"
2. Actor Vije Bhatia who roped for Lakhon Hain Yahan Dilwale: "Freedom is something you understand when you don't have it. To me freedom is this wonderful opportunity to live my life as I wish. The restrictions that are imposed on us by the society are only a means for discipline to prevail & by no means threat to an individual's right to live. Its time we understand that we are actually a privileged lot. Jai Hind"
3. Choreographer turned actor with Hey Bro, Hanif Hilal : I am a Proud Indian. I believe in our potential as a nation and I see all the glitches as a human error of judgement towards greater good. As far as freedom is concerned, Sure there is a definite sense of freedom, but it has been marred by redundant ethical ideologies. But we are a nation that is still evolving and opening up to the concept of lifestyle and a life beyond mere religion. Let's work together towards a better tomorrow and broader perspective to life, social norms and freedom of speech. Jai Hind"
4. The bold and hot actress Madhura Naik: " Democracy is just not a tag but a pride symbol for us Indians.Today when we see our neighbouring countries struggle for not having a democratic system, we as a country stand tall! But recently when incidents of crime on women, children and innocent citizens are heard one really wonders if we Indians really VALUE the freedom. Also with changing times the way social media is used n 'misused' is a warning signal of threat to our democracy. So as a proud Indian I would tell my fellow citizens that we should understand and respect the democratic system because if tom we can't speak our mind and our actions are watched and restricted then India s dream of being a Superpower one day would be just remain a dream! Jai Hind."
5. Tv actor who step in Bollywood with upcoming Wedding Pulav, Karan V Grover: "Well Indians do enjoy freedom to an supremely great extent, but being a country with a huge social economic disparity, various segments of our society especially politically motivated tends to enforce and fortify many archaic and obsolete diktats/policies in the name of religion, culture, tradition etc. I believe if we get over these rigid outdated imposing behaviours we will reep the sweetest fruits of democracy and enjoy freedom in the true sense. But as Indians who I feel truly believe in the "do or die" policy we have been pushing boundries of political, economical and social limitations and shortcomings and will continue to do so till the whole world says 'saare jahaan se acha hindustan humaara' Proud to b an Indian! Jai Hind"
6. Tv actress Deepika Singh The leading lady of Diya Aur Baati Hum, IPS Sandhya Rathi : "I feel very proud that am an Indian because we have so much freedom in our country at present. Also somewhere I still think women's should get more freedom as compared to men. People should treat both men n women equally. There has to be some changes in society, need to think about women rights, also need to support for girl child. Education plays a very important role, we should make sure each and every girl should should get basic education and bright career. Laws for women safety and education has to be improved and strictly followed. Jai Hind"
7. Miss teen Northeast and popular Social worker who have managed to have durga badies (Girl devolopment House) Mahika Sharma : "being a proud Indian I am thankful to our freedom fighters, and those who are planning to harm our democracy, reminder for them, we girl wear bangles which may easily change into weapons, do remember Rani Lakshmi Bai, Warrior queen of Jhansi even today we girl can change into her shadow! Would request enjoy freedom and let enjoy freedom! We gain it with a great loss. Live it small.. do think.. Jai Hind"
8. Singer Abhijeet Sawant : "Yes! Indians are enjoying freedom! But its like air. We breath every single day, every second and a minute. But we don't realised it. In India democracy is like home food. We love it, we want it, it's healthy but we don't give respect. We have to understand and value our freedom. Jai Hind"